-
September 25th, 2001, 06:11 PM
#1
Mark357
Guest
I was recently given a Elmo Super 8 sound 350 SL Marco. I can not seem to find how to physically adjust my apeture. It seems to only have an auto setting on the side. Am I missing something?
------------------
-
September 25th, 2001, 07:12 PM
#2
Alex
Guest
It may only be automatic....grrrrrr.
It might have "autolock" or a back light function which will give limited control over the exposure function...
simply post the name of each button and we can verify whether or not you have manual exposure.
I have a 240 elmo and it has manual exposure.
------------------
Alex
-
September 25th, 2001, 07:27 PM
#3
c_77
Guest
I would suggect looking at the Super8list.
http://www.kolumbus.fi/puistot
I looked up your camera it claims it has manual control, but I've noticed the list has been inaccurate lately. Just worth noting, the list has many inaccuracies regarding the Canon 814 and 814E. So if you ever consider buying one, you will probably find better information about it here. Still a cool website, that might have been rushed a little here and there.
Thanx-Chris
------------------
-
September 25th, 2001, 09:03 PM
#4
Mark357
Guest
Thanks for the replies. I do have an auto exposure button on the side which switches between a sun and a light bulb but no more that I can find. However, In the viewfinder I can see an apeture meter. What should my goal meter reading be on that thing between 1.2 and 16?
------------------
-
September 25th, 2001, 10:38 PM
#5
cameraguy
Guest
Elmo cameras of that vintages, if they offered manual exposure, have the manual adjustment located on a button labeled A M. Next to the M was an arrow showing you which way to turn the dial to change the aperture.
------------------
-
September 25th, 2001, 11:22 PM
#6
c_77
Guest
Your light meter reading will vary depending on the lighting and so there is no ideal reading! I would think your camera has a manual aperture control if it offers a light meter in the viewfinder. There should be a switch labeled auto or man., on your camera...But, is your light meter working? Does it move when you point it at the light, etc.? Thanx-Chris
P.S. That button with the sun and light bulb is your camera's built-in filter. Simply, if you use indoor film outdoors, (Ektachrome) you need to switch the filter on the sun position. If you use outdoor film indoors, such as Kodachrome, turn off the filter, to the bulb position. Since you don't have an instruction manual, take a look at the one written by the author of this website. It will get your feet wet! Plus it may answer your manual exposure control button question... http://www.kolumbus.fi/puistot/S8Manual.htm
------------------
[This message has been edited by c_77 (edited September 25, 2001).]
-
September 25th, 2001, 11:43 PM
#7
Alex
Guest
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1277183724
If you want to buy an Elmo 240, I don't know what the reserve is, but check it out.
------------------
Alex
-
September 26th, 2001, 02:11 AM
#8
Mark357
Guest
Thanks again. I figured it out from your responces. I mistook the auto/manual apeture dial as part of the audio dial. I have tried it and it works!
------------------
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks